Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Waking Up

Waking up this morning I struggled on what I should write. I don’t know exactly what to tell you. Sometimes I feel like those of you who take the time to read this should hear something profound, something compelling.

But then again, what compels? What drives people to care?

I sat at my computer this morning thinking about what to tell you. What experience should I describe? I thought and thought and thought, yet I sat with my mind blank and my thoughts empty. But then, then I began thinking about the kids I see daily, some of their faces crossed my mind, and then...

Maybe this will give you a picture as to why I’m here and do what I do.

I know that across the world there are many horrible family situations that thousands upon thousands of kids go home to, live in, try to escape from, and feel defeated and hopeless because of.

I can’t imagine what it would be like coming home to jobless drunk men at 3pm, I can’t imagine what it would be like being afraid of those I lived with, I can’t imagine what it would be like to live in an abusive home. I can’t imagine taking care of my younger brothers and sisters at 15 and I can’t imagine succeeding in life in that environment, but..

Those are the faces I see daily, those are some of the stories I hear, some of the things I think about in the middle of the day,things I think about when I’m trying to fall asleep.

It’s those faces that lead me to the decisions I’m making, it’s those faces that alter my “plans” for success. There’s so many faces, so many stories, so many situations. It’s those faces that move me to go out to move others to take part in this.

What is this?

Salvation…see one thing I’ve learned is Salvation is so much more than what I thought it was.

I desire for these kids to experience Salvation. I want them to experiences the wholeness of Christ. I want them to experience the freedom of fear and pain. The freedom of goals and dreams.

I’m tired of seeing the innocent taken captive. I’m tried of half the gospel and I’m tired of injustice.

However, I can imagine…

I can imagine a way out of abusiveness, I can imagine godly role models steering the innocent to the wholeness of Christ. I can imagine those who rise up against the odds.

That’s why I’m here…and that’s what I think about…and that’s why I wake up in the morning.

Why do you wake up?

Just thought I’d ask…

1 comment:

Abbey said...

ted you're BACK! wow!