Monday, February 19, 2007

My Current Influences (February Edition)

I’ve been inspired by my beloved friend Derry to do my own little, what I’m Reading/Watching/Listening to section of the blog. We’re going to shoot for a monthly edition, but with me you never know.

What I’m Reading: To Own A Dragon by Donald Miller

Donald Miller does it again!! I enjoy Don’s writing because of his sincerity and gut level honesty about life. In this particular book, Don dives into the issue of not growing up with a father. Luckily I had an amazing loving father in my life. Some are not that fortunate, however, no matter how “good” or “bad” our father’s were growing up, we have this deep longing for God in our lives, our true father, and down the road our view of God can be thwarted by our earthly fathers. I recommend you read this book. It’s worth your time.

What I’m Watching: The Departed

This was just a good movie. I don’t suggest you watch it on a date or on a girls night, but fellas, if you can get passed the language, it’s a highly recommended watch. Matt Damen, Jack Nicholas, and Leonardo DiCaprio.

What I’m Listening To: Dave Matthews Band: Crash

This album debuted in April 1996. That’s nearly ten years ago, yet its still one of my favorites. I’m specifically listening to a song called Cry Freedom. Listen to the lyrics. I’m not great at interpreting lyrics, poems, etc…I guess I’m on another Dave Matthews kick, it usually happens once year and with the rumors of Dave playing at Wrigley Field this summer, (1 mile from my house) I’m loving it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ted, I'm in small group and band with your dad. Donald Miller's books are great. I'm reading Through Painted Deserts and picked up To Own a Dragon yesterday.

Anonymous said...

DMB. Holla!