Sunday, December 03, 2006

What I "Want" For Christmas

Today I’m off to brave the treacherous cold in hope to establish a new tradition: The cutting down of a real Christmas tree. Supplies: 4 guys, 1 axe, and a ’91 baby blue Chevy blazer. Obviously we will travel some distance to find this tree since we are in Chicago. Wisconsin here we come!!!

We were inspired by the best Christmas movie ever, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation . If you haven’t seen it, it’s truly a Christmas Classic.

As I thought about Christmas this year and the guaranteed question, “what do you want for Christmas? I couldn’t come up with an answer, until now. My family will be happy with my decision as I have decided this, I want nothing this Christmas. I mean it. If someone gets me something I will return it. I WANT NOTHING.

It’s not that I’m not thankful for your kindness; I simply don’t “need” anything. This year I want Christmas to be different, I want Christmas to be Christmas, a celebration of life and love.

I don’t know what you’re thinking about this unnecessary response to Christmas this year. I haven’t really been doing things normal lately, and guarantee I won’t in the near future. I will, however, accept gifts to give to others in the city. There are a lot of people that haven’t received a gift for sometime, this year I’m finally going to make good on my intentions and do something about it.


I encourage you to read this article I found this week. It’s called, The Face of Generosity Let it speak to you.

No comments: